Addison Lee appoints Albion
Addison Lee, the taxi company, has picked Albion to handle its advertising and develop its digital products after a competitive pitch.
Addison Lee: hires Albion to handle its advertising and digital business
Albion won the business after a competitive pitch that was run by AAR, which was revealed by Campaign in January.
The independent agency will work with Addison Lee on its corporate, consumer and courier businesses, with a brief that spans advertising, marketing communications and product development.
Albion's data arm, Cell, will also provide Addison Lee with performance marketing services.
Addison Lee is looking to increase its market share in what has become a crowded and more digitally focused market since the arrival of Hailo and Uber, services that allow users to summon cabs using phone apps.
Peter Boucher, chief commercial officer at Addison Lee, who joined the company from Vodafone in September 2013, said: "We were keen to find an innovative communications partner to help drive our business further forward.
"We believe Albion provide a perfect fit for our business because they not only truly understand the traditional landscape, but are at the cutting edge of modern marketing."
Addison Lee was sold to US private equity company The Carlyle Group in April 2013 for a reported £300 million.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £65000 - £70000 per annum, London
- Account Director The Great & The Good £45000 - £50000 per annum, West End
- Social Media Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000, London (Central), London (Greater)