Pitch update: maker of Candy Crush shortlists agencies
Latest news and updates on pitches for King games, Direct Line, Skoda, Game and the Smart Meter Central Delivery Body.
Skoda: final pitches for the car-maker’s pan-European business have taken place, with a result expected shortly
King, the maker of the Candy Crush game, has shortlisted Mother, Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R, Red Bee Media, WCRS and the incumbent, Albion, to compete for its business. The company, which is handling the review internally, is looking to increase its investment in marketing.
Pitches for Direct Line’s £46 million advertising account have just been completed – Karmarama, Saatchi & Saatchi and WCRS are battling against the incumbent, M&C Saatchi. Given M&C Saatchi’s loss of the £50 million Dixons Retail business earlier this year, it will be a big test of the agency’s mettle.
Meanwhile, the final pitches in the pan-European Skoda review, which is being handled by Andrew Melsom at Agency Insight, have also finished. All that is left is a follow-up meeting with the selected agencies – 18 Feet & Rising, Amsterdam Worldwide, Fallon, Kaspen/Jung von Matt and the incumbent, Leagas Delaney – this Friday. Skoda is scheduling its new advertising campaign for November, so the winner is expected to be announced shortly.
Game, the retailer that entered and then emerged from administration in 2012, has signalled that it plans to return to advertising. The company, which now has 328 stores in the UK, has approached agencies, inviting them to pitch for the business. The account was most recently handled by TBWA\London.
And finally… Leo Burnett and Saatchi & Saatchi are among the agencies that have made it on to the pitch for the Smart Meter Central Delivery Body.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Marketing & Communications Executive AF Selection Up to £25,000, Derbyshire
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, South East England
- Senior Designer Gabriele Skelton Ã‚£40000 per annum, City of London
- Creative Director, PR Agency, London Office + Great Benefits Fleishman-Hillard Up to £100,000, dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)