BBC in talks with agencies ahead of ad review
The BBC has begun meeting with creative agencies as it prepares to review its advertising account.
BBC: formal pitches in 2015
Formal pitches may not kick off until early 2015, but the broadcaster has started speaking to creative agencies.
The BBC has a statutory obligation to review its agency relationships.
The BBC appointed Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R and Karmarama to its advertising roster in 2011 after a pitch.
A spokeswoman for the BBC said: "The BBC is starting to have conversations with the industry to inform thinking about its future marketing requirements. This is not part of a formal procurement process."
Ben Kay, the chief executive of RCKR/Y&R, pointed out that the BBC had the option to review its creative account in 2013 but declined. He added: "We’re proud of the work we’ve done for the BBC and we hope to carry the relationship on for many years."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Fundraising Development Officer Comic Relief From £35,000pa, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Digital Creative Manager UCAS £comp + 25-days leave, flexible benefits and other fringe benefits, including Xmas closure , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Digital Media Manager Save the Children £37,000 + Benefits, London (Greater)
- Consumer Activation Controller Mast-Jaegermeister UK Limited Salary depending on experience. Additional bonus, pension, BUPA, life assurance, 25 days' holiday., Camberley, Surrey
- PR Manager AF Selection £25,000 - £35,000 + Benefits, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)