BBC in talks with agencies ahead of ad review
The BBC has begun meeting with creative agencies as it prepares to review its advertising account.
BBC: formal pitches in 2015
Formal pitches may not kick off until early 2015, but the broadcaster has started speaking to creative agencies.
The BBC has a statutory obligation to review its agency relationships.
The BBC appointed Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R and Karmarama to its advertising roster in 2011 after a pitch.
A spokeswoman for the BBC said: "The BBC is starting to have conversations with the industry to inform thinking about its future marketing requirements. This is not part of a formal procurement process."
Ben Kay, the chief executive of RCKR/Y&R, pointed out that the BBC had the option to review its creative account in 2013 but declined. He added: "We’re proud of the work we’ve done for the BBC and we hope to carry the relationship on for many years."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Creative Production Controller (Maternity Cover) Asthma UK £34,361 - £36,169, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Commercial Market Analyst UCAS c.£35,000 , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Marketing Brand Manager Clipper Ventures Circa £40k - dependent on experience, South East England / South West England / Gosport, Hampshire
- Senior Product Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (City of), London (Greater)
- Customer Insight Manager Tottenham Hotspur Between £40,000-£45,000 per annum + benefits (dependant on experience), London (North), London (Greater)
- Sponsorship Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)