Saatchi & Saatchi captures £46m Direct Line ad account
Direct Line has appointed Saatchi & Saatchi to its £46 million advertising account, ending its relationship with M&C Saatchi.
Direct Line: has worked with M&C Saatchi since 2005
Saatchi & Saatchi was informed of its victory on 21 March. The agency beat Karmarama, M&C Saatchi and WCRS, which works with the Direct Line Group brand Churchill.
Mark Evans, the marketing director at Direct Line Group, said: "Saatchi & Saatchi demonstrated they were the partner best able to meet our ambition for the Direct Line brand. They showed outstanding strategic planning capability, coupled with compelling creative communications.
"This is an exciting juncture in Direct Line’s evolution and we look forward to working with them as we move forward."
Saatchi & Saatchi will begin work on the account after a short transition period, subject to contract negotiations.
Magnus Djaba, the chief executive of Saatchi & Saatchi, said: "It’s a great feeling to meet clients who, right from the start, you enjoy working with. We can’t wait to build on a relationship that I know will enable us to deliver great work and results."
MediaCom retained Direct Line Group’s £85 million media planning and buying business in August 2013 after a separate pitch.
M&C Saatchi has worked with the brand since 2005, when it won the account from CHI & Partners. CHI had picked up the brief a year earlier in a pitch against M&C Saatchi.
Camilla Harrisson, the chief executive at M&C Saatchi, said: "We wish them well for their next chapter."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Regional Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Regional Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Client Partner The Great & The Good £80000 - £90000 per annum + significant benefits, London