Pitch update: Land Rover's digital and social search, M&S media pitch
Latest news on pitches from M&S, Land Rover, Smart Meters and more.
Land Rover: the car-maker is seeking an agency to handle digital and social media
The Smart Meter Central Delivery Body has shortlisted agencies to compete for its £85 million, five-year engagement campaign – expected to be the biggest customer awareness drive since the switch to digital TV. Advertising agencies have been paired with media shops. The four teams are: Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO and PHD; Karmarama and Goodstuff Communications; Now and MEC; VCCP and VCCP Media. The winning team will also be responsible for creating a brand identity and new name for the SMCDB. AAR is handling the review.
NS&I has shortlisted DLKW Lowe, Enter and FCB Inferno to pitch for its ad account, currently handled by The Gate. The review is being overseen by the Crown Commercial Service.
Although ISBA had initially been involved in Land Rover’s search for an agency to handle its digital and social media strategy, the review is now being held by Oystercatchers. Shops thought to be in the running include Gravity Road, Lida, The Brooklyn Brothers and We Are Social.
And, finally, the £60 million UK media pitch for Marks & Spencer looks like being a closed process between the incumbent, Walker Media, and Mindshare. It is difficult not to be reminded of Barclays’ global media pitch in 2011, when Walker lost that client to Maxus after a rumoured tête-à-tête between WPP’s Sir Martin Sorrell and the former head of Barclays Bob Diamond.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Marketing Manager Ibiza Rocks Salary: £30K-34K DOE, Based in London head office
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, South East England
- Senior Designer Gabriele Skelton Ã‚£40000 per annum, City of London
- Creative Director, PR Agency, London Office + Great Benefits Fleishman-Hillard Up to £100,000, dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)