Burger King hires Ogilvy's David as global ad agency
Burger King has appointed David, part of the Ogilvy & Mather network, as its global advertising agency.
Burger King: 'wolfman' by CHI & Partners
David already works with Burger King in Brazil and Argentina. It is expected that the account will be serviced from the agency's office in Miami, where Burger King is also based.
CHI & Partners handled the £9 million UK business up until the recent review. In the US, Mother New York most recently worked on the business, but the agency split with Burger King in January.
Last month, Sarah Golding, the chief executive of CHI & Partners, told Campaign: "We wish BK well as they make more global marketing arrangements."
CHI won Burger King’s UK and Ireland account in August 2011 and has created work including "wolfman". The brand previously worked with Crispin Porter & Bogusky, which created "the king" work, for five years.
A spokeswoman for Burger King had not returned a request for comment by the time of publication.
The appointment does not affect Starcom, which was appointed to handle Burger King's £40 million European media planning and buying business last June.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Planner - Internal Marketing Agency National Trust £36,000 - £44,000* per annum, Swindon, Wiltshire
- Campaign Planner - Internal Marketing Agency National Trust £27,916 - £32,500* per annum, Swindon, Wiltshire
- Assistant Marketing Strategy Manager Thorntons £Competitive + Benefits, Alfreton, Derbyshire
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £Excellent Salary Package , South East England / London (Greater)
- Innovation Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East England