Burger King hires Ogilvy's David as global ad agency
Burger King has appointed David, part of the Ogilvy & Mather network, as its global advertising agency.
Burger King: 'wolfman' by CHI & Partners
David already works with Burger King in Brazil and Argentina. It is expected that the account will be serviced from the agency's office in Miami, where Burger King is also based.
CHI & Partners handled the £9 million UK business up until the recent review. In the US, Mother New York most recently worked on the business, but the agency split with Burger King in January.
Last month, Sarah Golding, the chief executive of CHI & Partners, told Campaign: "We wish BK well as they make more global marketing arrangements."
CHI won Burger King’s UK and Ireland account in August 2011 and has created work including "wolfman". The brand previously worked with Crispin Porter & Bogusky, which created "the king" work, for five years.
A spokeswoman for Burger King had not returned a request for comment by the time of publication.
The appointment does not affect Starcom, which was appointed to handle Burger King's £40 million European media planning and buying business last June.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Digital & Social - Dublin / London The Great & The Good In the region of £60,000 - £65,000 per annum, Dublin
- Commercial Manager Business Centric Services Group Up to £45,000 per annum + benefits, Old Street
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)