Bonhams appoints Contagious London ahead of contemporary art push
Bonhams, the auction house, has appointed Contagious London to help it become a bigger name in contemporary art sales.
Bonhams: hires Contagious London for digital and social media campaign
Contagious London was appointed without a pitch after approaching the auctioneer directly.
Bonhams wants to gain market share on its rivals – Christie’s and Sotheby’s – in contemporary art auctions. Contagious is planning to develop a digital and social media campaign that targets the young rich, contrasting with typical auction house campaigns that focus on outdoor ads.
The new work will be released ahead of Bonhams’ contemporary art auction on 29 October.
Matthew Girling, chief executive of Bonhams, said "We were impressed by Contagious London’s strategic and creative expertise. Their understanding and appreciation of contemporary art is crucial, as the market is fuelled by constant change and reinvention."
AdConnection handles Bonhams’ media planning and buying, while Identity handles its brand campaigns.
Sotheby's appointed TBWA as its lead global strategic and creative agency last month.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing and Communications Alexandra Palace Trading £40,000 + bonus + benefits, London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire
- Head of Engagement Planning (UK) BespokeHR £80,000 - £85,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Interim Head of Brand The Rank Group To attract the right person!, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Marketing Manager - Entertainments Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance , South East England
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Retail - London/Greater London - Salary depending on experience Judi Patton depending on experience, Hertfordshire / London (Greater) / London (North), London (Greater) / London (South), London (Gre...