Bonhams appoints Contagious London ahead of contemporary art push
Bonhams, the auction house, has appointed Contagious London to help it become a bigger name in contemporary art sales.
Bonhams: hires Contagious London for digital and social media campaign
Contagious London was appointed without a pitch after approaching the auctioneer directly.
Bonhams wants to gain market share on its rivals – Christie’s and Sotheby’s – in contemporary art auctions. Contagious is planning to develop a digital and social media campaign that targets the young rich, contrasting with typical auction house campaigns that focus on outdoor ads.
The new work will be released ahead of Bonhams’ contemporary art auction on 29 October.
Matthew Girling, chief executive of Bonhams, said "We were impressed by Contagious London’s strategic and creative expertise. Their understanding and appreciation of contemporary art is crucial, as the market is fuelled by constant change and reinvention."
AdConnection handles Bonhams’ media planning and buying, while Identity handles its brand campaigns.
Sotheby's appointed TBWA as its lead global strategic and creative agency last month.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Creative Production Controller (Maternity Cover) Asthma UK £34,361 - £36,169, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Commercial Market Analyst UCAS c.£35,000 , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Senior Product Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (City of), London (Greater)
- Marketing Brand Manager Clipper Ventures Circa £40k - dependent on experience, South East England / South West England / Gosport, Hampshire
- Customer Insight Manager Tottenham Hotspur Between £40,000-£45,000 per annum + benefits (dependant on experience), London (North), London (Greater)
- Sponsorship Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)