Mr Kipling launches pink elephant TV campaign
Mr Kipling, the baked goods brand owned by Premier Foods, uses a giant pink elephant to make its point that life is better with cake in its latest campaign.
JWT created the campaign, which is called 'Llife Is Better With Cake' and begins with a TV ad that aired yesterday. The ad opens with a young boy sharing his cake with an imaginary pink elephant, before ending with Mr Kipling’s "exceedingly good" strapline.
The TV spot will be backed by experiential activity, partnerships with ‘The X Factor’ and Heart Radio, and online work.
The work was created by Verity Fenner and Claudia Southgate, and directed by Bjorn Ruhmann through Blink. Carat handled the media, while Outside Line did the digital ads and Circkle orchestrated the PR campaign.
Matthew Critchley, the marketing director for cakes at Premier Foods, said: "This campaign will really put Mr Kipling back in the hearts and minds of consumers. Life truly is better with cake – and we want the world to experience that delight more often."
In July, Premier Foods’ chief executive, Gavin Darby, vowed to double the amount the that company spent on marketing between January and June, in the second half of the year, after sales fell 6.1 per cent, to £364.4 million, in the first six months of 2014.
As part of the same push, Premier Foods appointed McCann London to resurrect its Homepride mascot, Fred, for a new TV campaign.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of New Media Department for Work and Pensions Salary £60,030 to £72,880., Westminster
- Data Journalist PRISM Highly Competitive, London
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £45,000 per annum, London (Greater)
- Shopper Insights Manager PepsiCo negotiable, Theale
- CMI Director Ball & Hoolahan £95,000 + Car/Car Allowance , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Assistant Marketing Strategy Manager Thorntons £Competitive + Benefits, Alfreton, Derbyshire