Campaign's most-viewed: Comparison sites go head-to-head
Gocompare.com and Comparethemeerkat.com, the price and insurance comparison sites, are among the most-viewed content on Campaign this week.
Comparethemarket.com: Liz Hurley ad among most-viewed content
News that Gocompare.com had put its £28m advertising account up to pitch was pitted against Liz Hurley's debut in the latest marketing push for Comparethemarket.com by VCCP.
Meanwhile, the Marmite flame continued to burn for another week with news that the Advertising Standards Authority would not investigate Adam & Eve/DDB's "neglect" ad for the brand, despite the total number of complaints climbing above 500.
The banning of Iceland's "no horsemeat" ad by the ASA just missed out on a place in the top 10.
Saatchi & Saatchi's relegation out of the pitch for Asda's £100m ad account was also among the most-viewed, alongside news that Lida has been handed Land Rover UK's CRM account.
Following the start of the Barclays Premier League last weekend, Barclay's season opener ad also piqued the interest of Campaign readers this week.
Other work to strike a chord included Crunchy Nut's "revolutionary chocolatier" by Leo Burnett, Heinz's "little brother" by Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO and Samsung's "companion stories" by Jam for the Galaxy S4.
The news of John Treacy's move from Elvis to Proximity to take up the role of executive creative director also made the list.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Digital Media Planner: £28k: Top Travel Clients Ultimate Asset £25000 - £28000 per annum + Benefits, London
- Head of Membership Royal Pharmaceutical Society c. £55K, Lambeth, London (Please note we are relocating to 66-68 East Smithfield Street, E1W in 2015)
- Senior UK Category Manager McCormick Ltd Haddenham, Buckinghamshire , Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire
- Digital Brand Manager McCormick Ltd £ Competitive + Benefits , Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire
- EMEA Category Controller McCormick Ltd £ Competitive + Benefits , Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire
- Digital Account Director - Media Agency; £50k + Bens Ultimate Asset £45000 - £50000 per annum + First Class Benefits!, London