Intelligence & data
David Alexander, creative partner at Isobel reviews the latest work from Aldi.More
It's been the year of mobile every year since 2008, but recent reports suggest we've finally made it.
Facebook has reported a year-on-year profit hike of 138% to $791m (£464m) in its second quarter, driven by a 67% surge in ad revenues to $2.68bn, with 62% of that accounted for by mobile advertising.
Main media advertising and internet marketing are driving the continued rise in marketing budgets, according to the latest IPA Bellwether Report.
The Advertising Association has revised its annual forecast for the UK ad market upwards on the back of strong TV and radio advertising in Q1 2014, in the latest AA/Warc Expenditure Report.
UK mobile adspend is set to double this year to £2 billion and will represent 39.1 per cent of total adspend by 2018, according to research from eMarketer.
Radio ad revenue increased by 3.5 per cent year on year in the UK in the first three months of 2014, according to figures from the Radio Advertising Bureau.
UK advertising spend is predicted to continue its upward curve and top £20 billion for the first time in 2015, according to annual figures released by the Advertising Association and Warc.
Google was among the UK's biggest advertisers last year, after a 50 per cent lift in total spend.
BskyB was the UK's biggest advertising spender in 2013, splashing out £87m more than the next advertiser, FMCG giant Procter & Gamble, according to Nielsen's ranking of the UK's top 100 brands.
New business leagues
22 August 2014: Adam & Eve/DDB climbs up the league after winning Virgin Atlantic, while 101 joins the table with three accounts.
22 August: Starcom MediaVest Group lands P&O Ferries, Arena scoops Merck and Havas Media captures Penguin Random House.
The technology PR sector continues to grow as it adapts to changing requirements from clients. Lynsey Barber looks at the best performing tech agencies' fortunes last year.
As the market matures, clients are investing increasingly in digital PR, but demanding more for their money. Kate Magee looks at the fortunes of the best performing agencies last year.
Gratterpalm remains number one in the top 30 regional agencies 2013, ranked by Nielsen.
MediaCom holds on to the top spot in the top 50 media agencies, ranked by Nielsen.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Assistant Marketing Strategy Manager Thorntons £Competitive + Benefits, Alfreton, Derbyshire
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £Excellent Salary Package , South East England / London (Greater)
- Innovation Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East England
- Digital Marketing Specialist Colyer London £25000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager Diageo Great reward package for great talent, Amsterdam / Dublin / Madrid / London (Greater)