Intelligence & data
Dave Henderson , executive creative director at DLKW Lowe, reviews the latest work from Currys/PC World.More
It's been the year of mobile every year since 2008, but recent reports suggest we've finally made it.
Facebook has reported a year-on-year profit hike of 138% to $791m (£464m) in its second quarter, driven by a 67% surge in ad revenues to $2.68bn, with 62% of that accounted for by mobile advertising.
Main media advertising and internet marketing are driving the continued rise in marketing budgets, according to the latest IPA Bellwether Report.
The Advertising Association has revised its annual forecast for the UK ad market upwards on the back of strong TV and radio advertising in Q1 2014, in the latest AA/Warc Expenditure Report.
UK mobile adspend is set to double this year to £2 billion and will represent 39.1 per cent of total adspend by 2018, according to research from eMarketer.
BT and BSkyB's pay-TV marketing war has prompted ZenithOptimedia to upgrade its UK TV adspend forecast to 2.9 per cent year-on-year growth for 2013, after predicting a flat market as recently as June.
Media agencies have warned the TV ad market could decline by around 5 per cent year on year in the second quarter - a more severe drop in spend than had been expected.
UK adspend remained steady in the first quarter of 2012 with a 1.1 per cent increase on the same period last year, according to the Advertising Association and Warc's Expenditure Report.
New business leagues
22 August 2014: Adam & Eve/DDB climbs up the league after winning Virgin Atlantic, while 101 joins the table with three accounts.
22 August: Starcom MediaVest Group lands P&O Ferries, Arena scoops Merck and Havas Media captures Penguin Random House.
The technology PR sector continues to grow as it adapts to changing requirements from clients. Lynsey Barber looks at the best performing tech agencies' fortunes last year.
As the market matures, clients are investing increasingly in digital PR, but demanding more for their money. Kate Magee looks at the fortunes of the best performing agencies last year.
Gratterpalm remains number one in the top 30 regional agencies 2013, ranked by Nielsen.
MediaCom holds on to the top spot in the top 50 media agencies, ranked by Nielsen.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Digital Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £52,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Business Development Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Digital Acquisition Manager - Leading Online Biz GoodEgg Digital £70k + Bonus and Benefits, United Kingdom / England / North West England / Lancashire / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Search Marketing Manager - International Markets Search Laboratory £24,000 - £30,000 per annum + benefits , Yorkshire and the Humber / North Yorkshire / West Yorkshire / Harrogate, North Yorkshire / Leeds,...
- Marketing Communications Senior Manager Lloyd's of London Competitive salary and benefits package , London (City of), London (Greater)