Intelligence & data
Digital agencies were the subject of nearly half of the mergers and acquisitions by major holding companies last year, while the overall number of deals fell by 9 per cent, according to a global review from Clarity, the media-focused corporate financ...More
The UK unit is thought to be targeting £95 million in adspend this year as it hones its commercial offering.
Confidence among UK marketers remained high in the fourth quarter of 2013, according to the latest IPA Bellwether Report, with a net balance of 11 per cent of companies increasing their advertising budgets during the last three months of 2013.
UK mobile advertising spend will break the £1bn mark this year after a 126% year-on-year increase, according to predictions from eMarketer.
Ongoing investment in digital outdoor sites has helped the sector to build on the highs of the London 2012 Olympics and achieve unexpected growth of 2% in 2013.
UK adspend is now predicted to increase by seven per cent in 2013 and top its pre-recession peak in 2007, according to WPP's Group M, which has doubled its growth forecast.
ITV has forecast its spot ad revenue will rise 5-6 per cent year on year in the four months to April as it prepares to launch ITV Encore and ITVBe.
The unexpected revival and boom in television advertising in the second half of 2013 has been supported by new forecasts from ZenithOptimedia today.
BT and BSkyB's pay-TV marketing war has prompted ZenithOptimedia to upgrade its UK TV adspend forecast to 2.9 per cent year-on-year growth for 2013, after predicting a flat market as recently as June.
New business leagues
06 March 2014: CHI & Partners lands TalkTalk Business.
06 March 2014: Arena and Mi Media are both new entries, while M/SIX wins TalkTalk Business.
The technology PR sector continues to grow as it adapts to changing requirements from clients. Lynsey Barber looks at the best performing tech agencies' fortunes last year.
As the market matures, clients are investing increasingly in digital PR, but demanding more for their money. Kate Magee looks at the fortunes of the best performing agencies last year.
Gratterpalm remains number one in the top 30 regional agencies 2013, ranked by Nielsen.
MediaCom holds on to the top spot in the top 50 media agencies, ranked by Nielsen.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Senior Brand Strategist Rare Selection £75K - £100K, Central London
- Brand / Senior Brand Consultant Rare Selection Salaries from £40K - £85K, Central London