Intelligence & data
Last month, McDonald's was named as the Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity's creative marketer of the year.More
UK advertising spend is predicted to continue its upward curve and top £20 billion for the first time in 2015, according to annual figures released by the Advertising Association and Warc.
BskyB was the UK's biggest advertising spender in 2013, splashing out £87m more than the next advertiser, FMCG giant Procter & Gamble, according to Nielsen's ranking of the UK's top 100 brands.
Mobile adspend almost doubled in 2013 to break the £1bn mark and now accounts for £1 in every £6 spent on digital advertising, according to figures from the Internet Advertising Bureau.
Global advertising expenditure is growing faster than previously expected, fuelled by improvements in economies, the spread of programmatic buying, and the rapid rise of mobile advertising, according to ZenithOptimedia.
Mobile adspend in the UK is expected to rise 90% this year to hit around £2.26 billion, placing it ahead of advertising being placed in print newspapers, according to a report.
ITV has reported revenues of £585 million in the first three months of 2014, up 2 per cent year on year, driven by TV spot, pay and digital revenues.
Channel 4 narrowed its deficit to £16 million, down 41 per cent year on year, despite overall revenue declining by two per cent.
Disney is now the third biggest media company in the world, according to ZenithOptimedia, after overtaking News Corporation, which split into two separate operations in June last year.
New business leagues
18 July 2014: Havas Worldwide London is a new entry after winning EDF, while DLKW Lowe scoops Calor.
18 July 2014: Vizeum joins the table after landing Camelot.
The technology PR sector continues to grow as it adapts to changing requirements from clients. Lynsey Barber looks at the best performing tech agencies' fortunes last year.
As the market matures, clients are investing increasingly in digital PR, but demanding more for their money. Kate Magee looks at the fortunes of the best performing agencies last year.
Gratterpalm remains number one in the top 30 regional agencies 2013, ranked by Nielsen.
MediaCom holds on to the top spot in the top 50 media agencies, ranked by Nielsen.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Optimisation Manager / Ad & Campaign Operations Manager UCAS Up to £50,000 plus 30-days annual leave, bonus, flexible benefits & pension, London (Central), London (Greater) / Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Creative Production Controller (Maternity Cover) Asthma UK £34,361 - £36,169, London (Central), London (Greater)
- MARKETING MANAGER - Fashion Success Digital negotiable, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Sponsorship Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Marketing - SyFy NBC Universal Competitive, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Team of Hands On Design Managers Required | 6 Month contract Salt £250 - £300 per day, Hertfordshire / London (Central), London (Greater)