Former Deutsch LA creative chief Mark Hunter resurfaces at SapientNitro
Mark Hunter, the former Deutsch LA chief creative officer, has resurfaced at SapientNitro in a senior creative role.
Mark Hunter: joins SapientNitro in a freelance senior creative role
Hunter left his position as the chief creative officer of the Lowe & Partners-owned agency in March last year, after around two years in the role.
He is now working at digital agency SapientNitro on a three-month freelance contract working on unspecified projects.
It is understood he is trying out for a new UK executive creative director role that SapientNitro is creating, sparked by the agency’s client growth.
The agency is in talks with more than one candidate for the position, but expects to make a decision in the next three months.
An agency spokesman said: "We are recruiting for a UK ECD. It’s a new role – there hasn’t been one previously. The logic for creating the role is that we’re now at scale and this is a chance to extend the creative leadership of the company. We are having conversations with candidates for the role."
Hunter joined Deutsch in January 2011, moving to the US from his executive creative director position at TBWA\London.
Prior to this he was the executive creative director at Euro RSCG London, and he has held creative roles at Wieden & Kennedy Amsterdam and Bartle Bogle Hegarty.
SapientNitro’s chief creative officer for Europe. Malcolm Poynton, was named as one of Campaign’s Top 20 creative directors in 2013.
SapientNitro was the only agency to win a gold Mobile Lion at Cannes last year, for its "get cash" work for the Royal Bank of Scotland.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Online Editorial Manager Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £30000 - £35000 per annum + benefits, London
- Client Services Director Dot-Gap £55k, Central London