Wieynk and AKQA part company after 16 years
Guy Wieynk, the vice-president, international, at AKQA, has quit the digital agency after 16 years.
Guy Wieynk: departing AKQA
He is believed to be in talks about other positions both within and outside WPP.
Wieynk joined AKQA in 1998 as the group account director. He has created digital strategies for a range of brands that include Xbox, Heineken, Fiat and Nike.
In 2006, Wieynk was named the managing director of the agency’s New York office. He was promoted to European managing director in 2008, taking responsibility for the London, Amsterdam and Berlin operations, and opening the agency’s eighth office in Paris.
Wieynk became the vice-president, international, in August 2012, and has overseen AKQA’s growth strategy, particularly in Europe, Asia and South America.
Ajaz Ahmed, the co-founder and chief executive of AKQA, said: "We have appreciated Guy’s contribution to our firm for over 15 years. We would like to thank Guy and wish him all the best in his next adventure."
Wieynk said: "After much thought, I have decided that the time is right to look for a new challenge."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Creative Production Controller (Maternity Cover) Asthma UK £34,361 - £36,169, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Commercial Market Analyst UCAS c.£35,000 , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Senior Digital Executive Innesco £20k-26k, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (City of), London (Greater)
- Senior Product Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (City of), London (Greater)
- Marketing Brand Manager Clipper Ventures Circa £40k - dependent on experience, South East England / South West England / Gosport, Hampshire
- Customer Insight Manager Tottenham Hotspur Between £40,000-£45,000 per annum + benefits (dependant on experience), London (North), London (Greater)