Jeep targets snowed-in consumers with latest campaign
Jeep is launching its biggest UK marketing campaign of the year to target drivers frustrated by the cold weather.
Jeep: rolls out cold-weather-themed ads in run-up to Christmas
The print and digital ads, running until 22 December, promote the Chrysler-owned SUV marque’s Compact Jeep Patriot. Print executions play on the poor weather, carrying the line: "Oh hello snow: I’d been hoping you’d stop by’.
A digital push, by contextual advertising agency Vibrant, will target consumers with messages dependent on the weather in their area. Other lines used in the campaign include: "Downpour: You are the most perfect driving condition", and "Bad weather: Come out, come out, wherever you are".
Naveen Dayal, marketing communications manager at Chrysler Jeep, said: "Our overall campaign is about a brand truth that Jeep drivers are happy drivers come rain or shine. The tone of our advertising is therefore fun and tongue-in-cheek."
Above-the-line ads were created by Leo Burnett, which picked up the UK ad account for Chryslers brands – including Jeep and Dodge – in March.
Jeep is owned by Chrysler Group LLC, following a merger of Chrysler and Fiat in 2009. The group is nearly 10%-owned by the US government, after Chrysler had filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy last year.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Lead UX Architect - £60K-£70K - Tier One Investment Bank Digital Gurus £60000 - £70000 per annum, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...