Vauxhall first to target campaign on 4oD
Vauxhall, the car marque, has signed up to be the first brand to use Channel 4's targeted ad digital product, Adapt, as part of a campaign for its new city model Adam.
Vauxhall: "Adam" ad for women
The car brand will use the new ad product, announced at Channel 4's Upfronts last year, to tailor its interactive elements based on whether the viewer has registered as a man or a woman.
Female registered users will be served with a personality quiz and a link to a competition, while the male registered users will be able to see the car in different shades using an interactive colour palette and watch videos.
Microsoft, O2, Unilever, Nokia and McDonald's are some of the brands to have already signed up to target by audience demographics, location and behavioural patterns on 4oD.
Andy Freeman, the head of digital and relationship marketing, Vauxhall said: "Our approach at Vauxhall is to embrace fresh thinking in all that we do, and to be a leader in the digital space in particular.
"This campaign underlines that approach and Channel 4's Adapt offering was the ideal solution to help us achieve this. For the launch of Adam (our new city car), we know that VoD is a very important channel to reach our target consumer, but we want to ensure that the content we serve to audiences is as relevant as it can be."
Channel 4 now offers eight digital ad products on its video-on-demand service, 4oD, including Ad Pause, Ad Extend, Ad Link, Ad Mix and Ad Bloom.
Vauxhall ads target women (top) and men (bottom)
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Digital Designer become £40-45K, Central London
- Senior Designer - Digital Agency Aquent £40-£45k, North London
- Consultant Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 per annum, London
- Global Innovation Director Ball & Hoolahan £75,000 per annum, South East region