Top 10 social brands: Samsung tops list with smartwatch buzz
Social media analyst Starcount looks at the world's most popular brands on social media in August.
Samsung: won new Facebook likes and Twitter followers
It was a techie top two in August, with Samsung taking the number-one spot following a big increase in Twitter and Facebook fans, while Microsoft Windows grabbed second place thanks to more than two million views of its main YouTube account.
And after Miley Cyrus's awesome display of twerkery at the MTV Video Music Awards permanently seared itself on viewers' retinas, MTV's Twitter and Facebook accounts added a combined one million fans.
Twitter itself, meanwhile, saw its main Twitter account increase by 1.2 million followers on the back of some new product features.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- SEO Manager - FMCG Account - Stand-Out Global Media Agency Ultimate Asset £30000 - £36000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Account Manager - top agency in Leeds Perfect Marketing People To £32K, Leeds
- Online Marketing Executive - global business services giant Perfect Marketing People To £25k, Manchester