Blast Radius acquires Wunderman stablemate These Days Amsterdam
Blast Radius has acquired fellow Wunderman brand experience agency These Days Amsterdam in a deal that will add 30 to 40 per cent to the shop's top line.
Blast Radius Amsterdam: my town my tracks work for Onitsuka Tiger
Blast Radius, in Amsterdam, and These Days Amsterdam, announced the deal to staff yesterday. The two agencies will relaunch as Blast Radius Amsterdam and move into These Days’ offices in Amsterdam in October.
Stefan Hawes, Blast Radius general manager, will lead the combined agency as chief executive, while These Days’ general manager Leander van Altena will keep his job title and focus on client relations.
As a result of the combination, Blast Radius will go from being a 45-person agency to a 65-person agency, according to Hawes. He added that Blast Radius’s top line would increase 30 to 40 per cent as a result of the deal, but did not provide a figure.
The combination does not affect These Days’ Antwerp office.
Hawes also said that the two agencies had no conflicting clients and that while there was no overlap in terms of creative roles, he expected "minimal" job losses in back-office departments.
Hawes said: "We [Blast Radius and These Days] have worked together for a while and we just thought that maybe we shouldn’t be competing when we would have more resources together. You can do so much more as a 65-person agency as opposed to a 20- or 45-person agency."
He added: "The whole thing is really driven by how marketing is becoming more data and digitally oriented. Data is so much more important to creating a great brand experience these days."
Both agencies are a part of Wunderman’s brand experience division, which, in turn, is part of WPP.
Blast Radius is an interactive marketing agency. Clients include Michelin, Nikon, Nike and Procter & Gamble. These Days is a digital brand interaction agency, focusing on data and CRM, with offices in Antwerp and Amsterdam. Clients include Ford, Novartis, Vodafone and Microsoft.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Account Manager, Integrated Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £28000 - £32000 per annum, London
- Publishing Communications Manager - Job-share,3 days a week Stopgap £30000 - £33000 per annum, London
- Mid level and Senior Digital Project Managers Zebra People £30000 - £50000 per annum + great benefits, East London
- Visual Merchandising Project Manager - Luxury CG Jarlett de Grouchy £35000 per annum + bonus + benefits, Wimbledon
- Case Manager/Administrator - Pensions Regan & Dean Recruitment Limited £25000 - £30000 per annum + excellent bens, London