BMW creates immersive Hollywood-style film for i3 electric car
A 360° interactive film that adapts based on the movements of smartphone and tablet users aims to give people an idea of what it feels like to drive the BMW i3 electric car.
Developers used OpenGL computer graphics technology to project a film on a sphere to create the 360° degree experience of a dramatic Hollywood-style race against time.
Multiple layers of audio including background music, ambient sounds and dialogue were overlaid onto the film to create an audio sensation that changes depending on the user’s direction.
Client: Nicola Green, BMW i communications manager
Creatives: Ross Neil, Dan Gorlov and Rachel Le Feuvre
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Campaign Delivery Executive Stopgap £20000 - £23000 per annum, London
- Strategic Planner - to £50k Network Career Consultants £45000 - £50000 per annum, London
- European Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 per annum, South East
- Marketing & Research Manager - $1.8b Global Publisher Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary + Bonus Potential + Full Corporate Benefits Package, Chichester
- CRM Manager - Iconic London Brand Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £40K-£60K + Benefits Package, Central London