Digital display ad market unites to stamp out ad misplacement
All the representatives of the UK's digital display advertising market have joined forces to set up a good practice guide in an attempt to prevent ads being placed next to inappropriate content.
Nick Stringer: the director of regulatory affairs at IAB
The Digital Trading Standards Group, which comprises the Association of Online Publishers (AOP), ISBA, the
The UK Good Practice Principles project comes after year of high profile ad misplacements, including Nationwide being embroiled in the #FBrape scandal and Save the Children leading an ad boycott of Ask.fm after the suicide of a 14-year-old girl.
Principles will include "wide use" of content verification tools and better scheduling of content to ensure advertising is less likely to be associated with inappropriate or illegal content that could jeopardise the brand.
Nick Stringer, the director of regulatory affairs at IAB, said: "The Good Practice Principles represent a major step forward for the whole industry to help minimise the risk of ad misplacement in a complex market.
"They will give marketers greater confidence to continue to invest in digital and the IAB encourages all relevant ad trading businesses to participate."
Under the principles businesses will have their ad misplacement policies verified by an independent third party, which will entitle them to a "seal of compliance" to prove their practices have been audited.
The principles are endorsed by the
The IPA’s and ISBA’s own principles that were published earlier this year will be superseded by the new principles.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- SHOPPER MARKETING ACCOUNT HANDLERS - London agencies - £38k-55k (perm & freelance) Judi Patton £28-£55k- plus bonus and benefits, London
- head of new business > #1 DIGITAL & CONTENT AGENCY collectivo £60k-£80k plus agency bens, Central London
- Account Director Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager - [Retail / Digital] - Superb agency! £35k - £39k Fill Recruitment Ltd £35k - £39k + bonus & benefits, Central London
- Marketing Manager - FMCG - London or Home counties Stonor £45,000 - £55,000 dependent on experience , London, Essex, Bucks or Oxon
- Creative Director The Marketing Practice Up to £120k dependant on experience , East Hendred, near to Didcot in Oxfordshire