Mobile ad spend will exceed £1bn this year
UK mobile advertising spend will break the £1bn mark this year after a 126% year-on-year increase, according to predictions from eMarketer.
Mobile ad spend: tipped to pass £1bn
The research firm also predicts that ad spending on the channel will double again next year and reach £2.26bn.
Growth estimates from eMarketer for mobile marketing this year have been revised upwards from 90% to 126% after higher than expected results from an IAB and PwC report for the first half of 2013 and an explosion of smartphone and tablet devices across the UK’s "mature digital population".
The research firm has also made its first forecast for Twitter’s UK revenues and estimates the social media company raked in £46.3m in 2013.
Overall digital ad results exceeded expectations in the first half of the year resulting in eMarketer predicting a 15.8% growth in digital ad spending this year, up from a forecast of 12% growth earlier in the year.
The revised figures mean digital accounts for almost 45% of total media spend in the UK with the figure expected to increase to half by 2015, according to eMarketer.
Google accounted for 42.0% of total spend and Facebook accounted for 5.3% this year as Twitter more than doubled its share of the digital ad market by hitting revenues of £43.6m, of which £43.6m comes from advertising.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Junior Account Director / Account Director - Fabulous Global Agency - Central London - to £47k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £47k, Central London
- business director > TOP LONDON AGENCY > ATL collectivo Up to £90,000 + great benefits, London
- ACCOUNT MANAGER | Integrated Agency | Confectionery | up to £30k Judi Patton up to £30k, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - Creative London Agency - MOBILE/Social Media - £40-47k Judi Patton £40-47k, London
- IA/UX Architect PFJ £300 - £350 per day, London
- Senior UX Designer Red Sofa London £60000 - £75000 per annum, London