Instagram reveals 'promising' results of Levi's and Ben & Jerry's ad trial
Instagram claims initial results from its advertising trial with Levi's and Ben & Jerry's are "promising" although it believes awareness may be skewed upwards due to the recent introduction of ads.
Ben & Jerry's: ad for Scotchy Scotch Scotch flavour was trialled on Instagram
The photography-based social network introduced ads on 1 November and claims all four initial campaigns measured "delivered the broad reach our advertisers were seeking" despite a "very low" average frequency of ad impressions per user.
The US-only trial found Levi’s ads reached 7.4 million people across a nine day period and targeted people aged 18-34, while Ben & Jerry’s reached 9.8 million people over eight days, targeting people aged 18-35.
Across the campaigns, there was a 32-point incremental lift in ad recall per campaign for people repeatedly exposed to a particular campaign versus control groups. Instagram said there was also a 10-point incremental lift in brand message awareness per campaign for people repeatedly exposed to a particular campaign versus control groups.
Some 17% of people who saw a single ad for Ben & Jerry’s Scotchy Scotch Scotch-flavored ice cream became aware of the new flavour and also associated it with the Unilever-owned brand.
Facebook-owned Instagram reasserted its commitment to making ads "enjoyable, engaging and natural" in a blog post that detailed the results of the initial campaigns.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- SHOPPER MARKETING ACCOUNT HANDLERS - London agencies - £38k-55k (perm & freelance) Judi Patton £28-£55k- plus bonus and benefits, London
- head of new business > #1 DIGITAL & CONTENT AGENCY collectivo £60k-£80k plus agency bens, Central London
- Account Director Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager - [Retail / Digital] - Superb agency! £35k - £39k Fill Recruitment Ltd £35k - £39k + bonus & benefits, Central London
- Marketing Manager - FMCG - London or Home counties Stonor £45,000 - £55,000 dependent on experience , London, Essex, Bucks or Oxon
- Creative Director The Marketing Practice Up to £120k dependant on experience , East Hendred, near to Didcot in Oxfordshire