Instagram reveals 'promising' results of Levi's and Ben & Jerry's ad trial
Instagram claims initial results from its advertising trial with Levi's and Ben & Jerry's are "promising" although it believes awareness may be skewed upwards due to the recent introduction of ads.
Ben & Jerry's: ad for Scotchy Scotch Scotch flavour was trialled on Instagram
The photography-based social network introduced ads on 1 November and claims all four initial campaigns measured "delivered the broad reach our advertisers were seeking" despite a "very low" average frequency of ad impressions per user.
The US-only trial found Levi’s ads reached 7.4 million people across a nine day period and targeted people aged 18-34, while Ben & Jerry’s reached 9.8 million people over eight days, targeting people aged 18-35.
Across the campaigns, there was a 32-point incremental lift in ad recall per campaign for people repeatedly exposed to a particular campaign versus control groups. Instagram said there was also a 10-point incremental lift in brand message awareness per campaign for people repeatedly exposed to a particular campaign versus control groups.
Some 17% of people who saw a single ad for Ben & Jerry’s Scotchy Scotch Scotch-flavored ice cream became aware of the new flavour and also associated it with the Unilever-owned brand.
Facebook-owned Instagram reasserted its commitment to making ads "enjoyable, engaging and natural" in a blog post that detailed the results of the initial campaigns.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Account Director AF Selection £35,000 - £38,000 plus car, Birmingham
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Global Insight Director Ball & Hoolahan £75,000 + CA + benefits, London