Morrisons launches online food offer as it seeks to bring in-store experience to web
Morrisons has launched its long awaited online food offer Morrisons.com today as it seeks to "set new standards for the delivery of fresh food in the UK".
Morrisons: long-awaited e-commerce offering
The supermarket has launched its grocery e-commerce offer after striking a partnership with Ocado in June, and deliveries will begin across "much of the
Morrisons wants to bring its proposition of "fresh food prepared by butchers, bakers and fishmongers" to its online offering with features including a "virtual butcher", which allows customers to choose how thickly their steak is cut.
The butchery orders will be prepared at manufacturing sites by butchers that have been trained at the
In order to ensure freshness of the orders, Morrisons has introduced a "rosette" rating system that will give customers an "honest assessment" of the quality and seasonality of every item.
Customers will be able to check the freshenss of the products on the doorstep before they accept them, while items will be delivered in a one hour time slot because the supermarket claims "two hours is too long to wait".
Dalton Philips, chief executive at Morrisons, said: "This fresh food offer will be the closest thing on the internet to being in a store and selecting food yourself. Customers do have concerns about buying fresh food online and today we believe we’ve come up with the answer."
Morrisons hopes to cover half of the country by the beginning of 2015.
Simon Thompson, managing director for online food at Morrisons, added: "We would love the customers to use the on-site feedback buttons to let us know how we can make our offer even better."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Digital Senior Sales Manager - Leading Ad Tech Business Ultimate Asset £40000 - £50000 per annum + 100% COMMISSION , London