Chris Whitson joins Team News as CSO
Chris Whitson, the former planning partner and co-founder of VCCP me, is joining WPP's Team News as its chief strategy officer.
Chris Whitson: becomes chief strategy officer for WPP's Team News
In the new role, Whitson will lead the strategic output and integration of all the agencies that make up Team News – Grey London, Ogilvy One, M/SIX, The Social Partners, The Box and Ogilvy Change – across The Times, The Sunday Times and The Sun.
Whitson said "The chance to work on these fabulous brands at a time of such enormous change for the industry was too good an opportunity to ignore.
"Also, WPP’s ‘Team’ structure is, to my mind, the purest example of integration in action and being able to work with so many great agencies is something I am really looking forward to."
Whitson, who left VCCP me in October, will be based at the News UK offices and starts later this month.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Digital & Social - Dublin / London The Great & The Good In the region of £60,000 - £65,000 per annum, Dublin
- Commercial Manager Business Centric Services Group Up to £45,000 per annum + benefits, Old Street
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)