Chris Whitson joins Team News as CSO
Chris Whitson, the former planning partner and co-founder of VCCP me, is joining WPP's Team News as its chief strategy officer.
Chris Whitson: becomes chief strategy officer for WPP's Team News
In the new role, Whitson will lead the strategic output and integration of all the agencies that make up Team News – Grey London, Ogilvy One, M/SIX, The Social Partners, The Box and Ogilvy Change – across The Times, The Sunday Times and The Sun.
Whitson said "The chance to work on these fabulous brands at a time of such enormous change for the industry was too good an opportunity to ignore.
"Also, WPP’s ‘Team’ structure is, to my mind, the purest example of integration in action and being able to work with so many great agencies is something I am really looking forward to."
Whitson, who left VCCP me in October, will be based at the News UK offices and starts later this month.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Commercial Market Analyst UCAS c.£35,000 , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Creative Production Controller (Maternity Cover) Asthma UK £34,361 - £36,169, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Product Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (City of), London (Greater)
- Marketing Brand Manager Clipper Ventures Circa £40k - dependent on experience, South East England / South West England / Gosport, Hampshire
- Customer Insight Manager Tottenham Hotspur Between £40,000-£45,000 per annum + benefits (dependant on experience), London (North), London (Greater)
- Sponsorship Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)