Tech City chief executive Joanna Shields steps down after year in role
Joanna Shields is stepping down from her role as chief executive of Tech City UK, the body for promoting growth in the capital's technology sector, and taking up a non-executive role with the London Stock Exchange.
Joanna Shields: steps down as Tech City UK chief executive
Former Facebook EMEA boss Shields, who has held the role of chief executive since October 2012, will continue as chairman and "ambassador" for Tech City.
However, she will hand over the chief executive role to Gerard Grech, who has 15 years' digital media experience from his time at BlackBerry, Nokia, Nokia Growth Partners and
The hiring of Shields was hailed as a "big coup" for the Government at the time and she was rewarded for her service in this month's New Year’s honours with an OBE for services to "digital industries and voluntary service to young people".
Rohan Silva, former adviser to David Cameron and the founder of the Government’s
Silva left his position as adviser to the prime minister in June in order to take up a position as "entrepreneur in residence" at venture capital firm Index Ventures.
Shields said: "There is incredible momentum in the
"He is an
"The Government has created a policy landscape that’s transformed the
"I will continue to champion the
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £65000 - £70000 per annum, London
- Account Director The Great & The Good £45000 - £50000 per annum, West End
- Social Media Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000, London (Central), London (Greater)