Dove celebrates natural beauty in Selfie short at Sundance
Unilever's Dove brand is airing a seven-minute short film at the 2014 Sundance Film Festival that highlights the role social media and 'selfies' are playing in "redefining beauty" for young women.
Dove: celebrates natural beauty in Selfie short at Sundance festival
The short, called ‘Selfie’, has been made by award-winning documentary-maker Cynthia Wade and charts the "journeys" of various girls and their mothers in western Massachusetts as they "create a new type of selfie that celebrates their unique beauty".
The film was made as part of Unilever’s Campaign For Real Beauty, which was launched after research conducted two years ago by Dove found that only 2 per cent of women across the globe believed they are beautiful.
The Sundance Film Festival, which was founded by actor and director Robert Redford, is running this year from 16 to 26 January.
Client: Unilever North America
Director: Cynthia Wade
Producer: Sharon Liese
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Fundraising Development Officer Comic Relief From £35,000pa, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Digital Creative Manager UCAS £comp + 25-days leave, flexible benefits and other fringe benefits, including Xmas closure , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Digital Media Manager Save the Children £37,000 + Benefits, London (Greater)
- Consumer Activation Controller Mast-Jaegermeister UK Limited Salary depending on experience. Additional bonus, pension, BUPA, life assurance, 25 days' holiday., Camberley, Surrey
- PR Manager AF Selection £25,000 - £35,000 + Benefits, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)