O2 to let fans 'train' with England rugby team using Oculus Rift VR technology
England Rugby sponsor O2 has created a 360-degree virtual reality (VR) sporting experience that will let sports fans don an Oculus Rift gaming headset and virtually train with the England rugby team.
O2 to let fans 'train' with England Rugby Team using Oculus Rift VR technology
Dubbed ‘Wear the Rose’, the experience was created using nine GoPro cameras to capture 160 hours of video that enables Oculus Rift wearers to turn their head in any direction and view all 360 degrees of perspective.
O2 has produced a short trailer outlining and providing footage of the experience. O2 will shortly release details of where consumers can experience ‘Wear the Rose’, with activity likely to focus on England rugby games.
Client: Nina Bibby, marketing and consumer director, O2
Agency: M&C Saatchi Sport & Entertainment
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Fundraising Development Officer Comic Relief From £35,000pa, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Operations Manager Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £55,000 + Bonus, North London
- Senior Digital Creative Manager UCAS £comp + 25-days leave, flexible benefits and other fringe benefits, including Xmas closure , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Consumer Activation Controller Mast-Jaegermeister UK Limited Salary depending on experience. Additional bonus, pension, BUPA, life assurance, 25 days' holiday., Camberley, Surrey
- PR Manager AF Selection £25,000 - £35,000 + Benefits, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)