O2 to let fans 'train' with England rugby team using Oculus Rift VR technology
England Rugby sponsor O2 has created a 360-degree virtual reality (VR) sporting experience that will let sports fans don an Oculus Rift gaming headset and virtually train with the England rugby team.
O2 to let fans 'train' with England Rugby Team using Oculus Rift VR technology
Dubbed ‘Wear the Rose’, the experience was created using nine GoPro cameras to capture 160 hours of video that enables Oculus Rift wearers to turn their head in any direction and view all 360 degrees of perspective.
O2 has produced a short trailer outlining and providing footage of the experience. O2 will shortly release details of where consumers can experience ‘Wear the Rose’, with activity likely to focus on England rugby games.
Client: Nina Bibby, marketing and consumer director, O2
Agency: M&C Saatchi Sport & Entertainment
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire
- Data Journalist PRISM Highly Competitive, London
- Shopper Insights Manager PepsiCo negotiable, Theale
- CMI Director Ball & Hoolahan £95,000 + Car/Car Allowance , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Brand manager Jarlett de Grouchy £40000 - £50000 per annum + bonus + pension, South East England
- Marketing and Advertising Executive The Little Black Book Agency £25000 per annum, Harrogate