O2 to let fans 'train' with England rugby team using Oculus Rift VR technology
England Rugby sponsor O2 has created a 360-degree virtual reality (VR) sporting experience that will let sports fans don an Oculus Rift gaming headset and virtually train with the England rugby team.
O2 to let fans 'train' with England Rugby Team using Oculus Rift VR technology
Dubbed ‘Wear the Rose’, the experience was created using nine GoPro cameras to capture 160 hours of video that enables Oculus Rift wearers to turn their head in any direction and view all 360 degrees of perspective.
O2 has produced a short trailer outlining and providing footage of the experience. O2 will shortly release details of where consumers can experience ‘Wear the Rose’, with activity likely to focus on England rugby games.
Client: Nina Bibby, marketing and consumer director, O2
Agency: M&C Saatchi Sport & Entertainment
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Media - Client Director Ball & Hoolahan £44,000 per annum, London
- Interim Customer Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £42,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London