Former Tesco boss Sir Terry Leahy joins Clubcard creators at Starcount
Former Tesco boss Sir Terry Leahy has joined Tesco Clubcard creators Clive Humby and Edwina Dunn at social media analytics firm Starcount.
Sir Terry Leahy: joined Starcount
Leahy will sit on the Starcount board and has become chairman of Starcount’s client council Star Chamber, a group of brands and organisations that has been brought together to improve social media insight and fan interaction
The former Tesco chief executive has also made a "significant" investment in Starcount as part of a $10m funding round from private investors.
News comes after Humby and Dunn, who founded Tesco Clubcard through their data company Dunnhumby, joined Starcount in August as executive directors.
Leahy said: "Just as retailers had to revolutionise their customer engagement practices in the 1990s, brands today are faced with the unique challenges and opportunities presented by social media."
The funding round that coincides with Leahy’s appointment will be used by Starcount to "achieve significant growth in 2014".
Drew Thomson, group chief executive at Starcount, said: "This is a hugely significant time for our business and attracting people of the caliber of Sir Terry, with his unique consumer insight and business expertise is a real coup for Starcount.
"His deep belief and focus on the customer at Tesco was an inspiration for our philosophy of always putting fans first at Starcount."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Assistant Marketing Strategy Manager Thorntons £Competitive + Benefits, Alfreton, Derbyshire
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £Excellent Salary Package , South East England / London (Greater)
- Innovation Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East England
- Digital Marketing Specialist Colyer London £25000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager Diageo Great reward package for great talent, Amsterdam / Dublin / Madrid / London (Greater)