Microsoft reveals truth behind Xbox One TV ad 'glitch'
An apparent one-second glitch in a TV ad for Microsoft's Xbox One compelled eagle-eyed gamers to embark on a cryptographic quest and unlock games, prizes and gaming consoles.
Xbox One reveals truth behind 'glitch' in TV ad
An ad airing in January was almost identical to Xbox One’s ‘Invitation’ ad launched in October, except for a 25-frame "glitch", which when slowed down could be seen to contain various clues to help solve the mystery.
Xbox has released a two-minute film explaining the whole stunt.
The first gamer to solve the mystery took 37 hours, resulting in him winning prizes including 12 months’ Xbox Live Gold membership, a games bundle and a ticket to Los Angeles for the launch party of game ‘Titanfall’.
Brand: Xbox One
Client: Graeme Boyd, Xbox EMEA social marketing manager, Microsoft
Agencies: Crispin Porter + Bogusky, UM International, B-Reel
Creatives: Ben Walker, Matt Gooden
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Assistant Marketing Strategy Manager Thorntons £Competitive + Benefits, Alfreton, Derbyshire
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £Excellent Salary Package , South East England / London (Greater)
- Innovation Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East England
- Digital Marketing Specialist Colyer London £25000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager Diageo Great reward package for great talent, Amsterdam / Dublin / Madrid / London (Greater)