Video: The Internet of Things and the lag in regulation
The Internet of Things created the greatest buzz at this week's Mobile World Congress and, with brands getting involved in the concept, we took a look into how the data is being handled.
Andrew Brem, managing director of commercial product and development at British Gas, said the data the Hive brand handles is "incredibly secure and anonymised", while Evrythng founder and CMO Andy Hobsbawm admits "regulation is almost certainly behind the Internet of Things".
Issues were also raised this week about who controls the data as Liat Ben-Zur, the chair of Internet of Things consortium AllSeen Alliance, warning of the threat of one company owning the back end of the system in a way Google has done with its Android operating system within the mobile space.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Optimisation Manager / Ad & Campaign Operations Manager UCAS Up to £50,000 plus 30-days annual leave, bonus, flexible benefits & pension, London (Central), London (Greater) / Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Creative Production Controller (Maternity Cover) Asthma UK £34,361 - £36,169, London (Central), London (Greater)
- MARKETING MANAGER - Fashion Success Digital negotiable, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Sponsorship Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Marketing - SyFy NBC Universal Competitive, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Automotive Account Director - Advertising Spectrum 360 Recruitment £50k - £55k, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...