Adidas launches gaming platform powered by social media starring Lionel Messi
Adidas has launched a new online gaming platform dubbed #fastorfail starring footballer Lionel Messi, which is powered by social media and offers one fan the chance to get to Rio for the Fifa World Cup.
Lionel Messi: stars in Adidas game
It can be played on mobile or a desktop, is hosted on a microsite www.adidas.com/fastorfail and is tied in with the launch of Messi’s new adizero f50 football boots, which he debuted during the UEFA Champions League last month.
The campaign for the digital activity has been created by Iris, and Media Monks produced the game.
The online game lets people play from the perspective of Messi on the pitch, and users must beat opposition defenders in order to get themselves all the way to Brazil.
The game is also powered by social media, so that when playing the game on a mobile, the higher the online buzz around Messi becomes, the faster the game gets. Players can access an in-game social crowd buzz-meter to get real-time updates on how Messi is doing online.
Those who make it all the way to Brazil are then entered into a competition to win a trip to Rio this June and tickets to the first Argentina game of the Fifa World Cup.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £65000 - £70000 per annum, London
- Account Director The Great & The Good £45000 - £50000 per annum, West End
- Social Media Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000, London (Central), London (Greater)