Thomson to create first crowd-sourced wedding decided by Facebook fans
Thomson, the TUI-owned tour operator, is giving one couple the chance to have their wedding arranged in Cyprus by the brand's Facebook community, in a new #YourBigDay campaign.
Thomson: unveils #YourBigDay crowd-sourcing Facebook campaign
The #YourBigDay activity has been created in-house to will promote Thomson Weddings. A panel of judges will select the winning couple, who will have their wedding details (including the music and the bride’s dress) crowd-sourced by Thomson’s Facebook fans.
Couples have until 12 May to apply. The big day itself will take place at the Thomson Platinum Athena Beach Hotel in Cyprus. Flights, transfers, accommodation, all-inclusive board and the wedding breakfast are included in the prize.
The couple will share their wedding planning journey by producing regular posts on the Thomson blog.
On #WeddingWednesdays, Thomson’s Facebook fans will be asked to propose the colour scheme, the bride’s and bridesmaid’s dresses, the song for the first dance and the themes for the stag and hen dos.
The most popular suggestions will be shortlisted and put to a Facebook vote. Thomson’s wedding planners will then complete the chosen arrangements.
Jeremy Ellis, marketing and digital director for Thomson and First Choice, said: "Crowd sourcing a wedding is a first for the UK, a first for Thomson and a first for the holiday industry.
"With one in five weddings now taking place abroad, more and more couples are looking to destination weddings as both something different to the norm, and also a more cost effective option.
"We are thrilled to be able to offer our planning expertise in resort, as well as the input of our Facebook users, to make one lucky couple’s wedding dream a reality."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Digital & Social - Dublin / London The Great & The Good In the region of £60,000 - £65,000 per annum, Dublin
- Commercial Manager Business Centric Services Group Up to £45,000 per annum + benefits, Old Street
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)