Video: Is there still money in content?
The boundaries between media owners, brands and platforms are continually being blurred.
Sam Barcroft: founder of Barcroft Media
Brands such as Red Bull are establishing themselves as content creators, while start-ups are attempting to fill the gap left by traditional media owners as they struggle to adapt to changing consumer habits and expectations.
What models are working, and is there still money in content?
We asked Charlie Muirhead, founder of content curator Rightster, and Sam Barcroft, founder of Barcroft Media, to discuss where the opportunities are and how brands and media owners can exploit them.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Creative Production Controller (Maternity Cover) Asthma UK £34,361 - £36,169, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Commercial Market Analyst UCAS c.£35,000 , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Senior Digital Executive Innesco £20k-26k, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (City of), London (Greater)
- Senior Product Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (City of), London (Greater)
- Marketing Brand Manager Clipper Ventures Circa £40k - dependent on experience, South East England / South West England / Gosport, Hampshire
- Customer Insight Manager Tottenham Hotspur Between £40,000-£45,000 per annum + benefits (dependant on experience), London (North), London (Greater)