Amnesty International burns candles to illuminate new hope
A man kneels, his head bowed, his hands pulled behind his back, shackled in chains, while a man presents his daughter for the world of prostitution, and a gun stands upright.
These candles, once burned down, transform into powerful brass images of hope, with the kneeling man revealed standing, unchained, holding up his son, the girl is seen standing alone, with a backpack, and the gun has melted away to reveal a pen in its place.
Amnesty Internation commissioned the artist due 'Coarse' – Mark Landwehr and Sven Waschk – to create the sculptures, and the 30 limited edition candles are up for bid on eBay.
Brand: Amnesty International
Agency: Ogilvy & Mather
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Digital Creative Manager UCAS £comp + 25-days leave, flexible benefits and other fringe benefits, including Xmas closure , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Senior Fundraising Development Officer Comic Relief From £35,000pa, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Operations Manager Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £55,000 + Bonus, North London
- Consumer Activation Controller Mast-Jaegermeister UK Limited Salary depending on experience. Additional bonus, pension, BUPA, life assurance, 25 days' holiday., Camberley, Surrey
- PR Manager AF Selection £25,000 - £35,000 + Benefits, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)