Facebook expands $1m-a-day premium video ads to UK
Facebook has begun the international roll out of its premium video ads service, which appears in the News Feed and plays ads automatically without sound as soon as they appear on screen.
Facebook: introduces $1m-a-day premium video ads to UK
It is understood Facebook users in the UK may see the ads as early as June, but it is more likely they will appear in the back-to-school period in September, a key advertising period for major retailers such as Tesco and Asda.
Facebook premium video ads launched in the US in March at a reported cost of $1m a day. The 15-second video ads are designed to emulate the brand awareness created by a traditional TV spot.
Due to their intrusive nature, Facebook is preparing to ease people into the new experience as it launches the ads internationally in the UK, Canada, Germany, France, Brazil, Japan and Australia.
The videos will stop playing if people scroll past. If viewers tap the video it will expand into a full-screen view and play with sound.
Facebook has partnered with analytics firm Ace Metrix to provide a creative review process to determine how the ads will resonate with audiences prior to launching.
The videos must pass the creative review process before they are able to run to avoid alienating Facebook users.
When Facebook first announced the trial of the format, it warned the ads were not "intended for every video ad or Page post video on Facebook".
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £65000 - £70000 per annum, London
- Account Director The Great & The Good £45000 - £50000 per annum, West End
- Social Media Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000, London (Central), London (Greater)