Infographic: Nike and Samsung lead World Cup of video shares
Football content from brands not affiliated with the World Cup have driven more than half of online video shares as the tournament approaches.
Nike: leads the World Cup sharing chart
The data, colated by Unruly, reveals Nike, Samsung and Castrol led the competition with a combined 3.2 million shares.
Coca-Cola, the first affiliated brand to appear in the listing, accounted for 2.5 times fewer shares than Castrol, that sits in third place.
Heading into the competition, Nike is the undisputed champion with almost 1.3 million shares.
The lion's share of Nike's social success comes from the video below, starring Christiano Ronaldo, Neymar Jr. and Wayne Rooney.
Fifa, organiser of the World Cup, is in tenth place having managed to drive only 47,245 shares.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £65000 - £70000 per annum, London
- Account Director The Great & The Good £45000 - £50000 per annum, West End
- Social Media Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000, London (Central), London (Greater)