Viral review: Beats by Dre gets spiritual with World Cup rituals film starring Neymar Jr
Social video experts Be On reviews the latest viral from Beats by Dre.
Beats by Dre: viral stars Neymar Jr
The five minutes fly leaving the viewer in a deep, almost spiritual, World Cup mood. 9/10
The Game Before The Game
With only a few days left on the World Cup counter, it’s time for players and fans to perform their preparation routines, whatever that may be. Beats by Dre brilliantly captured those pre-game rituals in its new ad "The Game Before The Game".
The five-minute release took a form of a music video with a very well delivered story line with Brazil’s Neymar Jr. as the main character of the story. The video starts with him getting a very motivational and moving pep talk from his father. As they finish, the young player puts on a pair of Beats headphones, and the music kicks off taking us on a journey around the world showing fans and players making their pre-game preparations.
The video is packed with football players: Fabregas, Suarez, Van Persie, Matudi to name a few but it also gives us a large dose of non-football stars such as Lil Wayne, Serena Williams and LeBron James who make cameo appearances. Although the big names keep viewers in front of their screens, the short stories of fans shown throughout the video add an emotional factor and help create momentum.
Well-cut scenes and the skillfully selected music track do the trick and make the five minutes fly leaving the viewer in a deep, almost spiritual, World Cup mood.
There is Nike-ad feel to this video and even though this takes a similar aesthetic, Beats delivered something the former probably wouldn’t mind signing their name under. And if the history of Nike ads can be an example, Beats should expect its new video to storm up the charts.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire
- Data Journalist PRISM Highly Competitive, London
- Shopper Insights Manager PepsiCo negotiable, Theale
- CMI Director Ball & Hoolahan £95,000 + Car/Car Allowance , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Consultant Future Trends Consultancy Elizabeth Norman International £50000 - £65000 per annum, ShÃ nghÇŽi
- Client Sales Account Manager (Outdoor) Lipton Fleming £40000 - £45000 per annum + 30% bonus , London