Jon Wilkins joins Somethin' Else as a non-executive
Jon Wilkins, the executive chairman of Karmarama and a co-founder of Naked, has joined the board of the content agency Somethin' Else as a non-executive director.
Jon Wilkins: executive chairman of Karmarama and a co-founder of Naked
The agency made a statement announcing the appointment on its website, describing Wilkins as "a great visionary and pioneer of contemporary marketing and advertising".
It said Wilkins is a "nice bloke, albeit a Chelsea fan" and it had now built a team capable of offering full service content for brands and broadcasters, with the recent hires of Ben Kerr and Mark Rivers, creatives from Drum, to the team.
Jez Nelson, the chief executive of Somethin’ Else, said: "We have always worked with brands and broadcasters but what we are seeing now is brands moving in the direction of creating proper content and having a conversation with their audience.
"The appointment of Ben and Mark was a signal of us moving in that direction and having Jon on the board is a way of shoring that up. He has a fantastic reputation with brands and brings with him a great deal of wisdom and experience in marketing and advertising."
Nelson said Wilkins was one of the nicest people in the business, in a world where "not everyone is like that".
In January, Wilkins joined the creative agency Karmarama as its executive chairman taking on client and new business responsibilities. He will continue in that role in addition to his work at Somethin’ Else.
Last year, Wilkins quit Naked, 13 years after launching the communications planning network with co-founders Will Collin and John Harlow, who passed away last year.
They sold the business in 2008 to the Australian company Photon for a combined £35 million.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Creative Production Controller (Maternity Cover) Asthma UK £34,361 - £36,169, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Commercial Market Analyst UCAS c.£35,000 , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Marketing Brand Manager Clipper Ventures Circa £40k - dependent on experience, South East England / South West England / Gosport, Hampshire
- Senior Product Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (City of), London (Greater)
- Customer Insight Manager Tottenham Hotspur Between £40,000-£45,000 per annum + benefits (dependant on experience), London (North), London (Greater)
- Sponsorship Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)