Snickers tells Suarez it's 'more satisfying than Italian'
As brands galore jump on the back of the Luis Suarez "Bitegate", Snickers has employed its own personal brand of humour to piggyback on the incident.
Snickers jumps on the back of Luis Suarez's biting incident during the Uruguay v Italy game
The brand, known for its "You’re not you when you’re hungry" ad campaign, simply tweeted an image of a bitten-into Snickers bar, with the text: "More satisfying than Italian".
The flurry of activity came as Liverpool’s striker Suarez allegedly bit Giorgio Chiellini during last night’s World Cup game between his national team Uruguay and Italy.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Commercial Market Analyst UCAS c.£35,000 , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Creative Production Controller (Maternity Cover) Asthma UK £34,361 - £36,169, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Marketing Brand Manager Clipper Ventures Circa £40k - dependent on experience, South East England / South West England / Gosport, Hampshire
- Senior Product Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (City of), London (Greater)
- Customer Insight Manager Tottenham Hotspur Between £40,000-£45,000 per annum + benefits (dependant on experience), London (North), London (Greater)
- Sponsorship Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)