Snickers tells Suarez it's 'more satisfying than Italian'
As brands galore jump on the back of the Luis Suarez "Bitegate", Snickers has employed its own personal brand of humour to piggyback on the incident.
Snickers jumps on the back of Luis Suarez's biting incident during the Uruguay v Italy game
The brand, known for its "You’re not you when you’re hungry" ad campaign, simply tweeted an image of a bitten-into Snickers bar, with the text: "More satisfying than Italian".
The flurry of activity came as Liverpool’s striker Suarez allegedly bit Giorgio Chiellini during last night’s World Cup game between his national team Uruguay and Italy.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Engagement Planning (UK) BespokeHR £80,000 - £85,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Marketing and Communications Alexandra Palace Trading £40,000 + bonus + benefits, London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire
- Interim Head of Brand The Rank Group To attract the right person!, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Digital Project Manager (Medical Communications) Premier Media £35000 - £45000 per annum + benefits, London
- Social Media Copywriter Brand Recruitment £28000 per annum, Northampton