Consumers coin new words to describe male emotion, in social push for charity CALM
Consumers are being encouraged to coin new words and use wordplay to redefine existing ones to represent the emotional states of men, the best of which will appear in a published #Mandictionary for male suicide charity CALM (Campaign Against Living Miserably).
CALM and its agency Theobald Fox are encouraging people to tweet their suggestions using the hashtag #Mandictionary. Suggestions so far include "emancipation", "manicles" and "Mandela".
The campaign has been devised to raise awareness of male suicide - 12 men commit suicide every day in the UK - and broach the subject of male depression in a manner that breaks through stigma with humour and positivity.
Winning submissions will be used in ads, as well as the #Mandictionary itself; although it has yet to be decided what form the finished tome will take.
The campaign is being promoted on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram, while posters sites will also carry the ad. CALM’s website is carrying a gallery featuring an array of people’s suggestions.
Client: Rachel Clare, assistant director, CALM
Agency: Theobald Fox
July 2, 2014
Manwell: A state of bouncing around feeling altogether pretty chirpy, akin to the Barcelona-born 70's sitcom waitor namesake. #mandictionary— Fabio Zucchelli (@Fabzucci) June 27, 2014
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Regional Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Regional Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Client Partner The Great & The Good £80000 - £90000 per annum + significant benefits, London