Google Q2 revenues beat expectations as CBO departs
Google has exceeded analysts' expectations by posting a 22% leap in second quarter revenues, driven by a 25% increase in paid clicks, but cost-per-click continues to decline.
Google: Q2 revenues up 22% driven by paid clicks
The search giant has revealed revenues for the three months to 30 June hit $16bn (£9.4bn), while profits are up 6% to $3.4bn (£2bn).
Although paid clicks were up by a quarter year on year and up 2% on the previous quarter, cost-per-click decreased by approximately 6% on the same period in 2013.
Google’s chief financial officer Patrick Pichette said: "Google had a great quarter with revenue up 22% year on year, at $16bn. We are moving forward with great product momentum and are excited to continue providing amazing user experiences, with a view to the long term."
Google also announced that chief business officer Nikesh Arora, who joined the firm nearly 10 years ago, is leaving the firm to join Japan-based SoftBank as vice-chairman. He will be replaced in the interim by sales boss Omid Kordestani.
It marks the latest in a number of high-profile departures from Google in recent times. YouTube boss Salar Kamangar left earlier this year, while head of social networking services Vic Gundotra revealed he was to depart in April.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- SENIOR ADVERTISING MANAGER (MATERNITY COVER) notonthehighstreet.com Competitive , Richmond
- Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...