Heineken attempts to interrupt New Yorkers' routine with mystery payphone caller
A payphone on the streets of New York rings and a passer-by tentatively picks it up. "Listen, I'm inviting you to come across the street," says the emotionless voice. "That's terrifying," the pedestrian answers, unknowingly turning down an invitation to appear on-stage with a renowned US comedian, in a stunt for Heineken.
Heineken teaser: Comedian and actor Fred Armisen anonymously calls passersby on NYC payphone
The beer brand has launched a teaser video featuring former ‘Saturday Night Live’ regular and actor Fred Armisen as the caller.
The aptly named "Ringing Payphone" saw just a few people brave enough to not only stop and answer the phone, but to accept the invitation to "come across the street".
Those who did were invited to appear on-stage with Armisen at the Comedy Cellar club.
The stunt is a "social experiment" being conducted by Heineken as part of its "Cities of the World" campaign. Its aim is to break people out of the conventions of normal behaviour.
Agency: Wieden + Kennedy New York
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- SENIOR ADVERTISING MANAGER (MATERNITY COVER) notonthehighstreet.com Competitive , Richmond
- Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...