AOL appoints Marta Martinez to head global video sales
AOL has ramped up its video offering to advertisers with the appointment of Marta Martinez as global head of video sales.
AOL: appoints Marta Martinez to head its global video sales operation
She will be tasked with overseeing all sales and strategy to push the platform’s place in the video sector to clients and agency networks and will report to Ran Harnevo, president of AOL Video.
Martinez joined AOL in February 2013 as head of sales strategy and operations. Before that, she was chief marketing officer at MediaMath, where she led business development, marketing and strategic partnership initiatives, and is a former senior vice president of global corporate development at Havas Digital.
She said: "My career has been about connecting global brands with content, technology and next generation marketing solutions.
"I am thrilled to bring this experience to AOL's video business and to enhance our ability to connect brand marketing strategies with the most robust advertising vehicle of today - video."
Harnevo added: "Consumer video engagement is redefining media as we know it. AOL is at the forefront of bringing consumers the videos they want, where they want them and is creating an environment for advertisers to tell their story."
According to AOL the network has launched nearly 50 original series since 2011 through its video channels, including ‘Park Bench with Steve Buscemi’.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing and Communications Alexandra Palace Trading £40,000 + bonus + benefits, London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Engagement Planning (UK) BespokeHR £80,000 - £85,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire
- Interim Head of Brand The Rank Group To attract the right person!, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Senior Account Director > ATL > TOP LONDON AGENCY collectivo £55,000 - £65,000, London