PM to appoint Tech City chairman Joanna Shields as digital guru
Prime minister David Cameron is expected to appoint Joanna Shields, Tech City's chairman and ambassador, as his digital tsar.
Joanna Shields: tipped to be named as David Cameron's digital adviser
According to reports, Shields is expected to be appointed as Cameron’s digital adviser – a part-time role helping to create policies that will improve broadband and mobile facilities in the UK, as well as boosting IT education.
Shields, who was given an OBE for her services to "digital industries and voluntary service to young people" in 2014, was a former European boss at Facebook. She has also worked at Bebo and Google.
She joined Tech City as chief executive in 2012, but stepped down from the role in 2014 and became its chairman, while also taking a non-executive role with the London Stock Exchange.
Tech City and 10 Downing Street did not respond in time for requests to comment.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Digital & Social - Dublin / London The Great & The Good In the region of £60,000 - £65,000 per annum, Dublin
- Commercial Manager Business Centric Services Group Up to £45,000 per annum + benefits, Old Street
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)