Jaguar recruits Emeli Sande, Idris Elba and Stella McCartney to launch XE sports car
Jaguar has signed up actor Idris Elba, designer Stella McCartney and singer-songwriter Emeli Sandé to promote the launch of its XE sports saloon, with the singer inviting consumers to shape her new track via social media ahead of an audio-visual performance by the Thames.
Emeli Sande: in the seat to launch Jaguar XE
Using the hashtag #FeelXE, consumers are invited to tell Jaguar and Sandé what exhilarates them, using words, pictures, sounds and films via Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and Instagram, as well as Sandé's own Twitter and Facebook pages.
Sandé will then write a Feel XE song that will be performed in an audio-visual extravaganza on 8 September at a secret location by the banks of the Thames, with the event building to a climax featuring a reveal of the car.
Other events will also take place across London, all designed to encapsulate the mid-sized sports saloon’s "Exhilaration" brand identity.
Elba will tap into his love of cars and, with his production company Green Door Pictures, will create a "Feel XE project"; and designer McCartney is also devising her own project.
Sandé said: "I'm excited about working with Jaguar on the Feel XE campaign and with an incredible British brand.
"The new XE is innovative in its design and I can't wait to start collaborating with the world, looking at what defines 'Exhilaration' for them, and premiering the track in London at what is going to be an incredible event."
Elba said: "I have a passionate, personal connection to cars, and when I think of 'Exhilaration' I am immediately drawn towards the defining points in my life and the role that cars have played in these moments."
McCartney said: "I’m passionate about British design and innovation. I'm proud to be involved in the Jaguar Feel XE campaign and look forward to this exciting partnership."
In the build up to the event in September, Jaguar’s Facebook page will carry behind-the-scenes footage and interviews.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Regional Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Regional Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Client Partner The Great & The Good £80000 - £90000 per annum + significant benefits, London