Puma Twitter campaign lets users unlock TV ad days before on-air launch
Puma has signed up to Twitter's "flock to unlock" ad platform, enabling consumers to access its latest advertising days before official launch, but with content only activated once a sufficient number of users have retweeted.
Puma: just 15% 'unlocked' two days before deadline
The sportswear brand has kicked off the initiative today, with teasers referencing a TV ad that consumers will in theory be able to watch online before it goes live on-air.
But the growth in the number of retweets needed to unlock the ad before it breaks on 7 August does not appear to be on-track.
At the time of writing, the campaign is according to a graph on Puma’s Twitter account, only "15% unlocked", with retweet numbers in the hundreds rather than thousands.
To raise awareness of the "flock to unlock" aspect of the campaign, Puma-sponsored sportsmen and sportswomen have been recruited to tap into their Twitter fanbases. They include sprinter Usain Bolt and footballer Mario Balotelli.
The activity is part of Puma’s ongoing 'Faster Forever' campaign and was created in conjunction with Twitter and DigitasLBi.
'Faster Forever' was launched at the start of 2014 and has been devised to align Puma’s sportswear and lifestyle products under a single global banner.
Earlier this year, Puma was announced as the new kit partner for Arsenal, ending rival Nike’s two-year sponsorship of the Premiership team.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Engagement Planning (UK) BespokeHR £80,000 - £85,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Marketing and Communications Alexandra Palace Trading £40,000 + bonus + benefits, London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire
- Interim Head of Brand The Rank Group To attract the right person!, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Senior Marketing Communications Executive Ninesharp £28000 - £35000 per annum + Fantastic Benefits, City of London
- Account Director - Integrated - [Digital / Retail] - Superb London Agency! Fill Recruitment £45k - £49k + superb bonus & benefits, London (Greater)