Lucozade pumps £2m into sweetening low-sugar lemonade
Lucozade, the soft drink brand, is putting nearly £2 million into advertising its new reduced sugar energy drink, targeting an older demographic.
Lucozade: launches reduced sugar energy drink
The Reduced Sugar Cloudy Lemonade drink will be available from 11 August and Lucozade Ribena Suntory, which owns the brand, has set aside £1.8 million for an outdoor, digital and in-store campaign.
It will run from October and will target 25- to 34-year-olds, an older market than the core Lucozade customers.
The print ads, created by Hey Human, emphasise that the drink is just as zingy as other lemonades, despite having less sugar.
Corrine Hopwood, the marketing director at Lucozade, said: "We have identified a brand new opportunity in the market for a reduced sugar proposition within the energy category.
"New product development is one of the main growth drivers for the soft drinks category and by listening and responding to shopper behaviour and consumer needs, we are able to develop strong-performing and popular products.
"With this new proposition, we are also helping to retain shoppers within the Energy segment."
Grey London usually handles Lucozade's above-the-line advertising.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Fundraising Development Officer Comic Relief From £35,000pa, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Operations Manager Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £55,000 + Bonus, North London
- Senior Digital Creative Manager UCAS £comp + 25-days leave, flexible benefits and other fringe benefits, including Xmas closure , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Consumer Activation Controller Mast-Jaegermeister UK Limited Salary depending on experience. Additional bonus, pension, BUPA, life assurance, 25 days' holiday., Camberley, Surrey
- PR Manager AF Selection £25,000 - £35,000 + Benefits, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)