Now TV launches interactive Whac-A-Mole-style game in cinemas
Now TV, BSkyB's internet TV service, is launching an interactive digital-out-of-home campaign in the style of the arcade game Whac-A-Mole in cinemas across the UK from tomorrow (9 August).
Now TV: readies digital campaign
The interactive game, called "Back In Your Box" and created by WCRS, features characters found on Now TV, emerging from boxes. Passersby must tap the characters on the screen to hit them back into "their box".
The interactive campaign was planned and bought by MediaCom and Rapport. It's running on Primesight’s digital six-sheet screens in the ten most popular cinemas across the country, supported by traditional six-sheets in 304 cinemas.
Jana Wheeler, the brand marketing controller, Now TV, said: "We were excited by the interactive element in the OOH package MediaCom recommended to us.
"WCRS has taken full advantage of the technology and the outcome is a fun and engaging game that encourages interaction with the range of fantastic family movies available on Now TV this summer."
Now TV decided what creative designs to use for the static posters using Primedesign, Primesight’s tool that uses computer modeling to allow brands to anticipate how a campaign might be viewed in a cinema.
Josh Brooks, the media manager at MediaCom, said: "Primesight’s portfolio fits Now TV’s communications strategy perfectly. The digital takeover adding to the core paper and paste element of the campaign allows the brand to stand out and engage with families as they enjoy a trip out together.
Now TV allows viewers to watch Sky Movies, Sky Sports and Sky entertainment TV programmes without a Sky subscription, either by paying for the month (movies and entertainment) or for day passes (sports).
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Digital Operations Macmillan Cancer Support £50,000 - £55,000 +Benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Content Marketing and SEO Manager Lynda Up to £40,000, Central London
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + + excellent benefits, London
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Senior Account Manager The Great & The Good £35000 - £40000 per annum + great benefits , London
- Client Partner The Great & The Good £80000 - £90000 per annum + significant benefits, London