Adidas promotes 'life-sized' Predator Instinct video game with killer robot ad
A short film full of strobe effects, super-fast edits and barely-glimpsed images of a scary robot firing a laser rifle at a footballer forms the basis of a call-to-action for Adidas' 'Predator Instinct: The Game' football challenge.
The 90-second film on YouTube – reminiscent of the classic British 90s techno-horror ‘Hardware’, featuring a homicidal robot and stroboscopic hallucinatory sequences – gives some clues as to what the challenge entails.
It appears to be based on the premise of combining using football skills in an environment similar to that of live-action game Laser Quest.
Adidas describes the challenge, which will take part in London between 27 and 29 August, as "an epic solo quest that will test your footballing talent, stealth and vision".
Viewers are encouraged to visit a Predator Instinct section of Adidas’s website – replete with the sound of creepy synth pads and alien cries – where the brand explains how consumers can sign up to the challenge.
"This is not multiplayer on your sofa," says Adidas. "Your thumbs will not save you. This is a life-sized computer game set in central London, where you are the prey, and you will need all your senses to survive."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Regional Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Regional Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Client Partner The Great & The Good £80000 - £90000 per annum + significant benefits, London