AppNexus valued at $1.2bn after raising $60m
AppNexus, the ad tech company, has raised $60 million (£36.0 million) in investment, valuing the company at $1.2 billion.
Brian O'Kelley: chief executive and co-founder of AppNexus
The $60 million, which has been invested by an undisclosed "large, Boston-based public equity and asset management" company, will be used to expand the AppNexus team across the world, as well as develop new services.
AppNexus could also potentially use some of the cash to make opportunistic acquisitions and sign partnerships that will improve its product offering.
Brian O'Kelley, the chief executive and co-founder at AppNexus, said: "When we founded AppNexus, our aspiration wasn't just to build the world's best ad tech company – we wanted to prove that you can build a seminal, global technology company right here in New York.
"As a company purely focused on creating great tech, our aim is to continue to revolutionise the advertising industry, and we're just getting started."
JPMorgan was AppNexus' exclusive financial adviser.
The company provides ad technology to both buyers and sellers of internet ads, including WPP and Microsoft.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Marketing Manager Ibiza Rocks Salary: £30K-34K DOE, Based in London head office
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, South East England
- Senior Designer Gabriele Skelton Ã‚£40000 per annum, City of London
- Creative Director, PR Agency, London Office + Great Benefits Fleishman-Hillard Up to £100,000, dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)