AppNexus valued at $1.2bn after raising $60m
AppNexus, the ad tech company, has raised $60 million (£36.0 million) in investment, valuing the company at $1.2 billion.
Brian O'Kelley: chief executive and co-founder of AppNexus
The $60 million, which has been invested by an undisclosed "large, Boston-based public equity and asset management" company, will be used to expand the AppNexus team across the world, as well as develop new services.
AppNexus could also potentially use some of the cash to make opportunistic acquisitions and sign partnerships that will improve its product offering.
Brian O'Kelley, the chief executive and co-founder at AppNexus, said: "When we founded AppNexus, our aspiration wasn't just to build the world's best ad tech company – we wanted to prove that you can build a seminal, global technology company right here in New York.
"As a company purely focused on creating great tech, our aim is to continue to revolutionise the advertising industry, and we're just getting started."
JPMorgan was AppNexus' exclusive financial adviser.
The company provides ad technology to both buyers and sellers of internet ads, including WPP and Microsoft.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Digital Operations Macmillan Cancer Support £50,000 - £55,000 +Benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Content Marketing and SEO Manager Lynda Up to £40,000, Central London
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + + excellent benefits, London
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Senior Account Manager The Great & The Good £35000 - £40000 per annum + great benefits , London
- Client Partner The Great & The Good £80000 - £90000 per annum + significant benefits, London