Canadian coffee store Tim Hortons blacks out premises to promote Dark Roast
Canadian coffee drinkers were shocked to find their local branch of Tim Hortons coffee shop completely blacked out, with everything from the exterior to the cars parked outside covered in black material - all part of a stunt to promote the brand's new Dark Roast coffee brew.
Tim Hortons: the Canadian coffee store blacked out premises to promote Dark Roast brew
The stunt, captured on a video posted on YouTube, sees bemused and brave consumers venturing inside the store to investigate what is happening.
Like the blacked-out exterior, the interior is also pitch black, leading customers to fumble their way towards the encouraging voice of a man wearing night-vision goggles.
Once they've tentatively made their way to the counter, he gives them a coffee, which they try, commenting on the rich taste, before the lights are switched on for the reveal of Tim Hortons’ new Tims Dark Roast brew.
Brand: Tim Hortons
Agency: JWT Toronto
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Fundraising Development Officer Comic Relief From £35,000pa, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Digital Creative Manager UCAS £comp + 25-days leave, flexible benefits and other fringe benefits, including Xmas closure , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Digital Media Manager Save the Children £37,000 + Benefits, London (Greater)
- Consumer Activation Controller Mast-Jaegermeister UK Limited Salary depending on experience. Additional bonus, pension, BUPA, life assurance, 25 days' holiday., Camberley, Surrey
- PR Manager AF Selection £25,000 - £35,000 + Benefits, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)