Canadian coffee store Tim Hortons blacks out premises to promote Dark Roast
Canadian coffee drinkers were shocked to find their local branch of Tim Hortons coffee shop completely blacked out, with everything from the exterior to the cars parked outside covered in black material - all part of a stunt to promote the brand's new Dark Roast coffee brew.
Tim Hortons: the Canadian coffee store blacked out premises to promote Dark Roast brew
The stunt, captured on a video posted on YouTube, sees bemused and brave consumers venturing inside the store to investigate what is happening.
Like the blacked-out exterior, the interior is also pitch black, leading customers to fumble their way towards the encouraging voice of a man wearing night-vision goggles.
Once they've tentatively made their way to the counter, he gives them a coffee, which they try, commenting on the rich taste, before the lights are switched on for the reveal of Tim Hortons’ new Tims Dark Roast brew.
Brand: Tim Hortons
Agency: JWT Toronto
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of New Media Department for Work and Pensions Salary £60,030 to £72,880., Westminster
- Shopper Insights Manager PepsiCo negotiable, Theale
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £Excellent Salary Package , South East England / London (Greater)
- CMI Director Ball & Hoolahan £95,000 + Car/Car Allowance , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Data Journalist PRISM Highly Competitive, London
- Senior Brand Manager Diageo Great reward package for great talent, Amsterdam / Dublin / Madrid / London (Greater)